Saturday, August 29, 2015

So much good food this week!

   Hey everyone! So this week was really good. On Tuesday I was able to leave to go teaching with President Morais which was awesome. I learned a ton from him. That same night Subway was having a buy one get one free deal so we took advantage of that. I ended up eating one and a half footlongs. Yep a full half yard of sandwich. It was so good.

So there was a sister missionary who served here and went home towards the beginning of my mission and she came back to visit with her aunt just barely. They were so nice! I had never met this sister when she was on her mission but she and her aunt were super great and treated everyone like their best friend. I'm not sure why or what we did to deserve it but they decided that they wanted to take us out to dinner, but not just any dinner. They wanted to take us to a restaurant called Sal e Brasa, one of the best restaurants in Natal. Like I said, I'm not sure why but I didn't ask questions so we accepted. We went there last night and I ate so much! It was really similar to Rodizios in American Fork in how they keep bringing meat around on a big skewer and cut it off right on to your plate. It was some of the best meat I've ever had. I even tried sushi for the first time and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be haha. So the aunt is Chinese and she was so funny! She was like your stereotypical Asian tourist and she owned it too haha. Taking pictures of everything and running around checking everything out. She was hilarious, she even had a Chinese accent and everything, I couldn't help but laugh at every funny comment she made haha. Then my companion would sit there with a straight face because he didn't understand because she doesn't speak any Portuguese at all, just English so I was talking to her and talking to my companion back and forth and back and forth and ended up not being able to keep the two languages straight haha. The waiter guy came at the end of the meal to take the garlic bread from the table but I wanted to get my money's worth so I, without thinking, reached for it right as he went to take it away and was like "Wait a sec, let me get one more of those." The guy just looked at me like I was an idiot then I realized that I spoke in English and tried to correct myself but I panicked and the next sentence came out in both languages like every other word. It was weird, like I don't even know how I managed that. I haven't been able to do it since haha. My comp laughed and I just sat back eating my garlic bread completely confused about what had just happened haha. So, after that we said goodbye to the ex-missionary and her aunt and they took off for home. They were just some all-around good people.

So as for investigators, J. is doing a lot better than last week. She has started reading again but if we can't get her to church tomorrow I don't know what we'll do. B., the 10 year old kid is still doing well. His mom hasn't been helping at all, she doesn't want to listen to the lessons any more so when we teach them it's just B. and his grandma. But they are still doing really good. Other than that we've been working on finding a lot more new quality investigators. We've got quite a few investigators but not many that are progressing. So it's been kinda tough lately. But anyways, that's about it for this week. I love you all, I hope everything is still going well for you guys. Have a great week, A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris



No comments:

Post a Comment