Saturday, August 1, 2015

Ice bucket challenge...6 times in a row!

So this week was a good one. We´ve been looking for a new house to move into because the house we live in now is absolutely horrible. I don´t know if you guys remember but in the first email I sent from Natal I talked about this super ghetto apartment that we had to stay in the first night... Well super ghetto apartment is now where I live. It is something else haha. I´m tellin ya, this house has all sorts of problems. Like for example, every morning and night I have to clean the ceiling off of my floor... Yeah, the ceiling is starting to fall in various spots in the house. Luckily one of the spots is right over my bed. Haha anyways, we found another house and got the approval from president and the church people, we´re just waiting on the owners to do something then we should be good to move in. Hopefully it will be soon. Oh yeah our house just randomly decides to not have water every once in a while which is kind of obnoxious. This week the water went out so we´ve been 6 days without water. So in order to take a shower we have to come to the office with a pan and use the tiny bathrooms here. You fill up the pan in the sink and dump it on your head. Let me tell ya. The water is not warm either... Imagine the ice bucket challenge about 6 times in a row haha. That´s about how it is. But whatever works haha.

So this week we had a missionary stay with us, Elder Moss, who went home because of a fracture in his foot. He´s like Uncle Jared´s twin... it´s crazy haha. But anyways, he stayed with us Wednesday and Thursday. And because he was pretty much finished with his mission he ended just like any other missionary going home. With a lunch with president. And because president is cool, he decided to take pity on the secretaries and take us with him. We went to this restaurant called O Mangai... man it was good. It was by far the best Brazilian food I´ve ever eaten. You could just put as much food as you could fit onto this plate/giant saucer. Man it was good. President and Sister Soares have some pics, I´ll see if I can´t get them from them to send next week.

So we had a family night with some ward members on Wednesday and it was one of the most spiritual family nights I´ve ever had in my life. It was so good! We talked about the story with Christ asking Peter, "Dost thou lovest me? Then feed my sheep."   We talked about what that really means. It´s not enough just to say we love Christ. It´s about how we show it. Once again, I´m gonna request one of my favorite talks from Jeffrey R. Holland. "The First Great Commandment".  Just go watch it.

We had another family night too with another family. We got there just as they were finishing the movie Frozen haha. Haha I´ve still got all the songs memorized word for word haha ;) It´s not quite as good in Portuguese though. But anyways, that just about sums it up for me this week. I love you all! Have a great week! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Our new home...because who needs walls, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment