Monday, July 4, 2016

I was just kinda there for man labor!

Hey everyone! Happy 4th of July! To be honest I only remembered last night... I love Brazil with all of my heart but I'm not gonna lie, every once in a while I miss good ol' America. But anyways, this week was awesome!
We helped a member put an engine into an old car that he's been working with. It was fun but I don't really know anything about cars so I was just kinda there for man labor haha.
Cl. was finally baptized yesterday! We've been working with her since we got here in this area. She is J.'s neighbor who was baptized last week. Her mom is a less active that we are reactivating. Anyways, Cl. was super involved in the Assembly of God church when we started working with her which was tough because she liked it there and all the members there were saying a bunch of stuff to her about the Mormons to get her to not talk to us anymore. But with time she started to get more and more converted to the gospel and finally accepted baptism.
The other elders here also had a baptism. It was a lady named S. I actually had the opportunity to teach her a bit so I already knew her pretty well. She is awesome. Literally one of the Lord's elect. She accepted the gospel and within 3 weeks was baptized. She's a single mother with 4 kids. 2 of them will be getting baptized next week so we're all excited for that. The other two are too young. But it's a great family.
So this week officially marks the start of my last transfer here! I can't believe it! I'm praying that I don't leave Rosa dos Ventos! I love it so much here and we have so many awesome investigators! I don't want to start all over at the very end. *knock on wood*. Haha last night we had a family night with a bunch of the members which we were able to take J.P. to. The members love him. It's just a matter of time until he's baptized. But that's really about it for this week. I love you all! Thanks for everything! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pic 1 - Working on the Car
Others- Random plus the family night from last night




No comments:

Post a Comment