Monday, July 18, 2016

This week was awesome! For real I'm like super happy today!

Hey everyone! So this week was awesome! For real I'm like super happy today. I spent the whole week in a city about a half hour south of Parnamirim called Goianinha on splits with the Elders there. It was great. It's a pretty small town and almost everyone rides horses there. It actually reminded me a bit of Beaver. Not a lot but just a bit haha. It's way pretty there, everything is so green! But anyways, I spent the week there because they have been having some difficulties so President sent me there to help out. We had an awesome week. We found a bunch of new investigators and were able to get quite a few investigators to go to church. It's a little different there because it's just a little branch so the church is a house where everyone meets. But it was an awesome experience.
The week got even better when I got back to Rosa dos Ventos and saw how much success my other companions had while I was gone. They baptized F. and I.  I don't remember if I've talked about them before but they are two brothers who we've been teaching for a bit. We've been working with the whole family actually but the parents need to get married first. The whole family went to the baptism. Unfortunately I wasn't there so I don't have a picture but oh well. I don't remember if I've told you guys about A. and Y. either. They are two sisters who we found last week. Their whole family went to church last week. I think I told you guys about them. Anyways, the girls absolutely loved the church. The mom did too but she's a little more hesitant because she's been a member of another church for 30 years now but she felt the spirit when we taught her the restoration she just is afraid of what her friends will think of her. So the daughters are absolutely loving the church. They even went all the way to Natal for a stake activity with them members yesterday and they loved it. This week they also went to an activity the ward had. While they were there at the church some leaders from the other church where they were going before went all the way to our church to try to talk them out of this whole "Mormon thing". Y. pretty much told them all off saying that when she is in the chapel she feels something different, like it's where she belongs and she knows she has to stay there. The leaders pretty much just walked out with their heads down. They are looking at being baptized next month but I'm not down to wait that long so we're gonna try to do everything for them to be baptized this week or the next.
Also last week a girl, A. came up to us who lives in our condominium complex saying that she was baptized a few years ago and wants to go back to church. She went this week with her sister and now her sister, An. wants to be baptized this week too. I'm so excited for this week!
Sorry for the freaking long email but this this afternoon we had a barbeque with the elders here in rosa dos ventos. We live in a condominium complex like I just said and they've got a big barbeque area right next to the pool so we splurged and bought a bunch of meat, grilled it up, and had a good time. Shame we can't use the pool haha. But it was awesome.
That's about it for this week. I love you all! Thanks for everything you guys do for me! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pics 1-4 - Goianinha
Pic 5 - My representation of the Restoration Pamphlet. (the picture had to be taken quickly because he was trying to eat the pamphlet the whole time)
The rest of the Pics - Barbeque!










No comments:

Post a Comment