Monday, July 25, 2016

Best Kind of Surprise!

Hey everyone! So I don't have a whole lot of time today but I'll try to include all the most important details. To start, remember Y. and An., the two sisters from last week? So they were both baptized this week! Y. was baptized on Thursday before a ward activity so there was a bunch of people at her baptism. She has already read the entire Book of Mormon! In two weeks! She even marked her favorite verses! What?!? An. was baptized on Saturday. Turns out she wanted to surprise us telling us that she didn't want to be baptized until next year but she was gonna be baptized on our last week here. I guess she couldn't wait that long and decided to be baptized on Saturday. It was great, the whole young women's organization was there. Their mom went to both of the baptisms. The mom actually wants to be baptized too the only problem is that her husband is a gospel singer. So he goes around to a bunch of churches and they pay him to sing. And F. (their mom) says that if she were a Mormon, no one would invite them to sing anymore. That's the family's whole income so it's tough for her. But I'm positive that she'll be baptized. I just don't know when. She already has a testimony of the church and the Book of Mormon. When we talk to her about the baptism she just smiles and says God will provide a way. I love that family so much!
We've been working so hard lately! We are determined to not die before our time haha. But it's been awesome because we've been having a ton of success lately. I really love this ward so much. But anyways, that's just about it for this week. Sorry, it was quick and I wasn't able to organize my thoughts very well but I love you all! Thanks for everything! A igreja é verdadeira!


Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment