Monday, June 27, 2016

Sao Joao Party and a Baptism!

Hey everyone! So this week was really good. This week was a big holiday here in this part of Brazil, São João. To be honest I have no idea why they celebrate it, I just know that every one dresses up like hillbillies, eat a lot of corn, and light big bonfires in the street. I think I told you guys about it last year. Anyways, yeah with all of the fires and fireworks in the street it gets pretty hard to breathe to be honest. Anyways, on Saturday the ward had a big São João party at the church. It was a blast and we were able to bring quite a few investigators. We actually brought one of our investigators J. P. who's 18 years old. In no time he was hittin' it off with one of the single adults in the ward haha. All I know is that I don't have to worry about fellowshipping him anymore haha. What a stud.
So anyways, we worked like crazy this week! We had 11 investigators in church with us this week. And that's without some of our main investigators who went out of town because of the holiday. It was awesome. We were able to baptize Je. She's a girl who we've been working with since we got here in the area. Her mom even went to church and watched her baptism. Her mom has come so far. I don't remember if I told you about this but last month we were talking to Je. in front of her house when all of a sudden her mom got home and started yelling and swearing at her like crazy. She had some major anger issues but we calmed her down and said a prayer with the family and ever since that moment she has completely changed. They are having family prayer together and now we just need to get her in the water. But anyways, Je.'s baptism was awesome.
But that's just about it for this week. I love you all! Thanks for everything you guys do for me! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pics - São João party at the church


No comments:

Post a Comment