Monday, June 20, 2016

I had an awesome spiritual impression!

Hey everyone! This week was super busy but way productive. We started off on Tuesday with a big conference with half of the mission because here in about ten days we are gonna get a new mission president. It was one of the most spiritual conferences I've been to on the mission. We learned so much... I don't remember if I shared this last week but I had an awesome spiritual impression. I've been studying a ton about the atonement lately and trying to figure out first of all why a great and eternal sacrifice was necessary and second of all, how could that one sacrifice cover the sins of all of humanity under the conditions of repentance. Like it was something that I couldn't wrap my head around. During the leadership council last week a missionary said something and it was one of those moments where you could almost feel the spirit shoving understanding into your mind. He said, "I'm grateful for the Saviors' sacrifice for him having paid the price that I would never have the courage to pay... to die for my sins." And I got to thinking man, would I be willing to die for my own sins? What about the sins of a loved one? Of a complete stranger? That may not seem like much but in the moment it all made sense to me. like a puzzle came together. I'm just not very good with my words to describe it for you guys. But anyways, that was my random spiritual impression this week.
So the rest of this week I spent on splits in three different areas in the zone. One in Parnamirim and two in Natal. It was really fun to work with and get to know the missionaries in the zone better. We had a blast together and walked a ton together! We found a big dune next to one of their investigator's houses and played on it for a bit. I'll try to send pics and videos. Saturday night I went to a baptism that some elders had in the zone then I called up R. from Alecrim and he took me back to my area in Parnamirim. He's a champ haha. Sunday came around and we were able to bring 6 investigators to church. Unfortunately M. and S. weren't able to go because they had to take care of his mom whose was amputated a bit ago. But we were able to bring another family to church. P. and his wife... (but they aren't technically married) Anyways, he has a cool story. He was taught by the missionaries a few months ago but nothing happened. The missionaries started teaching him recently and he had a dream. In the dream someone told him that he already had one chance to accept and he blew it...don't blow the second one. So he already accepted baptism. We have to start working on everything to get them married and baptized. So it should be good. We were able to baptize and kid named C. He's 12 and has been going to church for a while now with his friends. He was baptized and hopefully his friends will also be baptized soon. We're gonna work really closely with them this week. But that's just about it for this week.
I love you all! Thanks for everything! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris
Sister Weatherford

Our groups trunky picture haha #2months ;)

Elder Phillips

Elder Melo

Elder Rocha from Cape Verde

 Elder H. Silva and Orozimbo

Elder H. Silva and Orozimbo

Haha Urim and Thummim Decorations



No comments:

Post a Comment