Monday, June 13, 2016

We got to go to town with a sledgehammer!

Hey everyone! This week was yet another good and productive week. This Tuesday we had the leadership council yet again... If I'm not mistaken it was my 13th council of the mission but my first one as ZL. I'm just glad I'm not a secretary anymore who has to prepare everything haha. Then on Wednesday we had a zone meeting. We talked a lot about the importance of obedience and why we are obedient on the mission. I think it went pretty well. Elder Shakespear was on splits this week so it was just Elder Melo and I here in the area... which means that I got to sleep on a bed instead of a mattress on the ground haha.
So remember the family that I told you about last week? So they went to church this week and loved it. Mú., his wife S., and two of their kids, B. and G. went. They were like a legit Mormon family in sacrament meeting, with treats and toys for the kids and all haha. They're pretty much already Mormons, they just don't know it yet. We are going to try to get them baptized either this week or the next. But for real they got there and the members took them in with open arms, took care of the kids and pretty much everything else you could imagine, which is actually the first time that I think I've seen that on my whole mission. M. C., who is another one of our investigators is still progressing well but some people from her last church started sending her a bunch of anti Mormon material. We talked a bunch with her and she was okay. She came to church this week with her mom (who was a non active but is now returning to the church). They both are doing really well.
This morning we did a service project with an older couple from the ward. We took out their door and a window and installed new ones. Now this isn't just your everyday project. all of the houses here are made of cement bricks. so we had to go to town with a sledge hammer and a chisel to break the old ones out and put the new ones in. But they gave us breakfast, lunch, and dessert so I can't complain. Plus it was fun going to town with the sledgehammer haha.

But that's about it for this week. I hope you are all well. I love you all! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Oh yeah, Elder Cabral (Jimmy Fallon's twin) was transferred this week. He was a champ, I'm gonna miss him haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment