Saturday, May 30, 2015

This week was good...and bad...but mostly good!

Hey everyone!  So this week was good... and bad... but mostly good haha.  So last Sunday we were able to baptize J., the brother of I., and V., who is a friend of the Bishop´s kids here.  It was an awesome day.  So that was my sunday and from Monday to Thursday was just working our tails off getting everything ready for Elder Mazagardi to come.  We were hardly able to leave the office which is the worst!  But it was all good.  Yesterday was good, we had our conference with Elder Mazagardi who is a member of the 70.  So the funniest thing happened yesterday.  All of the missionaries were getting ready to take a big group picture when Elder Mazagardi walks in.  This was the first time I had ever seen this guy.  So anyways he starts talking to us and says that after the picture he wanted to shake every one of our hands and he wanted us to tell him our name and where we were from.  The direct quote from him was, "I want you all to tell us what city you are from and not just the country.  My wife and I know quite a few places, from big cities like New York to little tiny ones like Beaver." I heard that and was like WOOOOOO!!!!!  BEAVER!!!!  REPRESENT!!!!  Everybody that knows me well here busted up.  Everybody else was like Beaver?  Where the heck is Beaver??  I couldn´t contain myself haha.  Literally one of the funniest things that has happened since I´ve been here.  And that´s including all the funny drunk people haha.  But anyways the rest of the conference was good too ;)  It was awesome and I learned a ton.  After the conference we got everything cleaned up and came back to our area and left to work last night.  It´s kind of a bummer because we have had like no time to visit our investigators or less actives this week so I don´t think we´ll have a baptism tomorrow unless a miracle happens.  So this morning I made some bomb American pancakes for me and my comp with some homemade syrup because Brazilian people don´t know what´s good in life so they don´t have syrup.  I´m working on converting them to the truth but it´s pretty tough.  There´s a lot of them here haha.  Anyways, they were super good.  They have pancakes here but they aren´t pancakes.  They´re more like crepes except they put meat and stuff inside.  So this was the first time in my comp’s life he´s tried a real pancake and I can tell his mind was blown.  Man they blew my own mind, those were the first pancakes I´ve had in 8 months.  It´s funny the little things you miss that you never thought you would haha.  But that was about it for this week.  I hope you all have a great week, I love you all!  A igreja é verdadeira!!

Elder Harris


Pic  - The best pancakes you´ve ever eaten in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment