Monday, May 30, 2016

Rooming with Jimmy Fallon's Twin and I'm a Little Lost This Week

Hey everyone! So this week has been super eventful. I was transferred to a city called Parnamirim which is like 15 minutes from Natal. I was called as one of the Zone Leaders here with Elder Shakespear. I don't know if you guys remember but I lived with Elder Shakespear last year when I was in Panatis. We're also in a threesome with Elder Melo from Brazil. They're both so much fun! We get work done together and we're always having fun so I'm super excited for this transfer. I think this will be my last area. It was hard leaving Mossoró and all the members and missionaries. I miss my district from Bom Jardim so much but here is awesome too so I guess it's all good.

So we got here on Thursday and we started organizing the apartment, which is SUPER small, to fit 5 missionaries. We live with two other elders, Elder D. Lima from Brazil and Elder Cabral from Argentina. Elder Cabral is pretty much Jimmy Fallon's twin... they look exactly alike! I'll try to send pictures but this internet café is horrible so it might have to wait until next week. Anyways, Elder Shakespear, Elder Melo, and I all just barely got to the area so we were all a little lost this week trying to get to know the investigators, members, recent converts, and the area, but it's been really good. We had a baptism this week of a lady named M... She was an investigator of the last Elders so we showed up just to reap the benefits haha. But we also have a bunch of people to work with so it's gonna be awesome.

Anyways, last night was pretty crazy. Elder Shakespear woke me up at about 1 in the morning saying he could hardly breathe. So we called some members with a car and luckily they answered. They came and got us and took us to the hospital to get him taken care of. Anyways, to make a long story short, after about an hour and a half he was feeling better and we were able to come home. looks like it was some kind of cold/allergy. Idk anways, he's better now haha, but that just about sums it up for this week. I love you all! Thanks for everything! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Looks like the pictures aren't gonna work... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment