Monday, May 2, 2016

News so good that she couldn't wait!

Hey everyone! So this week was freaking awesome! To be honest I don't really remember too much about what happened earlier this week. I'm horrible at this stuff. All I remember is the really good stuff or the really bad stuff. But this week was just good stuff. So I think I told you guys about the family that we have been teaching right? The daughter was baptized a few months ago and we have been teaching her grandma, mom, sister, and cousin. Anyways they were progressing really well. On Thursday morning I was writing in my journal and it was funny because I was literally writing about this family and the potential that I saw in them when all of a sudden the phone rang. I answered it and it was the girl who was baptized a while back. She said she had some news so good that she couldn't wait. Then she asked if there was any way for her sister, G., is her name, to be baptized this week. We were like heck yeah! So we worked really close with her and this Sunday she was baptized. The whole family went to the baptism and it was awesome! Now we just have to keep working with the rest of them. It's cool to see their progress because when The first daughter was baptized the family wanted nothing to do with the church because they had heard a bunch of people talking bad about the church. But now that they actually know the church and the missionaries they are so much more open. I'm stoked for them all!
Anyways, last night I got on a bus and made the 5 hour trip yet again to Natal to renew my visa. The trip was good but the bus stunk so bad! But I made it alive so I wont complain. That night we chilled for a bit in the office and I went next door to the church where there were a few members. I felt right at home there, like I never even left. It was awesome to see everyone from Alecrim again. Especially R. and his family, and President Morais. Anyways, this morning we went to the police station to get the visa business worked out. It was different being accompanied rather than accompanying haha. The workers there were stoked to see me again. haha. Afterwards I went with Elder Carpenter who was also renewing his visa and we went with R. who took us to lunch and to do some fun things for Pday. It was so much fun! Then we came back and right now we are at President Morais's house sending emails and that pretty much sums it up for this week. I'm sorry I'll try and send pics but I won't promise that it will work. I haven't received photos of G.'s baptism yet because it was a member that took the picture cuz I forgot my camera. But anyways, I love you all! Have a great week! A igreja é verdadeira!


Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment