Monday, May 23, 2016

Renting to a family of mice!

Hey everyone! So this week was awesome! It's kinda weird, this week we worked so hard but it seemed like I had almost no time to follow up with all of our investigators or anything like that. I guess it's because time is just flying by so fast now. So you guys remember Ca. and Ga., the two sisters who were baptized a bit ago right? So this week we were able to baptized their brother J.. The baptism was so good. Now all the kids in their family are baptized and we just need to get the mom baptized but she's on a trip down in Southern Brazil and we have no idea when she'll be coming home :/ But the whole family is so awesome!
Anyways, this week was Elder Chacón's last week on the mission. Tomorrow he's heading to Natal and then home. It's really weird to think that here in a bit that's gonna be me. To be honest I still feel like a greenie on the mission haha. It was kinda funny, the other day my companion and I were talking and I told him that I left for the mission in 2014 and he got a surprised look on his face like what?? You've been serving since 2014? I was just barely starting my senior year in 2014! Idk i guess it kinda put it into perspective. But it definitely doesn't feel like that much time has passed.
So I had a nice surprise yesterday. My two suitcases are stacked one on top of the other in one of the rooms of our house and yesterday I wanted something out of my suitcase that was on bottom so when I took of the top one guess what was there waiting for me... yes a family of little mice. The mom took off running and luckily the babies were so little that they couldn't run otherwise we would've had a problem. But man, those things are ugly. I'll send some pictures. So I flushed them down the toilet and that was that. We never did find the mom... Haha it was super nasty but I survived haha.
That's about it for this week! I love you all! Thanks for everything! Have a good last week of school for everyone who's still in school haha. Have an awesome week! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pic 1 - The ugly baby mice
The rest are just pics of random things haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment