Monday, April 4, 2016

"The first and great eternal truth is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind and strength." Powerful stuff.

 Hey everyone! So I hope you guys all had an awesome week and an even better conference weekend! I can't believe It was my 4th and final conference on the mission. I loved it. But it wasn't exactly the most relaxing conference that I've had. We were so busy both days trying to get investigators to come with us and a bunch of other stuff. It was hard because Bom Jardim is so far away from the stake center and almost no one had cars to help us. So we had to pay a bunch of taxis to take them to conference. So I'm pretty much out of money and I have to wait until the 15th for the next allowance... woo fun stuff. But it was worth it. We took Ra. with us to the last session and she said that Elder Holland's talk was exactly what she was needing to hear. The phrase that struck me the most this conference was Elder Holland's when he said that the first and great eternal commandment is that we love God with all of our hearts, might, mind, and strength. But that the first and great eternal truth is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind and strength. Powerful stuff.

This week was pretty busy. I was able to baptize one of the sister's investigators on Wednesday. It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I've participated in. It was a man who has been fighting for months to break an addiction to alcohol, smoking, marijuana, and other drugs. The sisters stuck with him for so long and he was finally baptized on Wednesday. It was incredible to see how people truly can progress and change.

To be 100% honest with you I can't remember too much else of what happened this week. Actually the other day we were at the supermarket and I was buying some juice right? Anyways the line at the register was huge but I was next in line to pay when some guy pointed at a shopping basket that another guy was using and was like hey grab that basket for me. So I kinda just looked around thinking that maybe he saw a basket that wasn't being used but I didn't find one. The guy was kinda far away and I didn't want to yell so I just kinda looked at him like dude, the only basket here is being used. But he thought I didn't understand him so he started talking louder. By this point everyone was looking and in the midst of all this confusion one of the ladies at the cash register called out caixa livre! which means that the register is open. but I didn't hear her because of the other guy wanting his basket so the lady called out again and everyone thought that I wasn't understanding so they yelled out Free Box in English! which means caixa livre technically. I know it doesn't sound like much of a story but I was having flash backs to the start of my mission when I really couldn't understand anyone haha. But it all worked out, I bought my juice, and no one was hurt.

I think that's about it for this week. I love you all! Have an awesome week! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment