Monday, February 15, 2016

Have the courage to open your mouth!

Hey everyone! So this week was pretty good. Not a whole lot happened. We worked a ton and had a bunch of investigators progressing but on Sunday not a whole lot of them came to church unfortunately. We've been working with a man named A. He's about 60 or so and his wife is super Catholic so she doesn't like to talk to us a lot but we've been teaching him and he's already been to church three times but he doesn't want to be baptized yet which is tough cuz he's so ready and he knows that it will bless him but I think he's a little nervous about what his wife will think. Plus he always talks to his neighbors and people don't always say the best stuff about the Mormon Church. But he's already been and knows how it is so we're gonna work with him this week to finally take the big step. Pray that it goes well! We had interviews with President this week and they went well. It was good to see president again after so long haha. It's kinda weird not seeing him almost every day haha.

So they asked me to give a talk in sacrament meeting this week because here they have a Sunday of missionary work every second Sunday of the month. So I talked and I think it went well. I talked about having the courage to open your mouth. I was the last speaker and they left me a ton of time. I talked for about 20 minutes or so with almost no notes so I was pretty proud of myself and people cried so I think I got through to them. Hopefully they'll be more excited to talk to everyone and then get the referrals to us. I'm excited. But to be honest that's about all that I can remember that happened this week. Sorry I know it was a lame letter, I don't even have any pics for you guys this week. But I love you all! Thanks for everything you do for me! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment