Saturday, December 5, 2015

Famous Brazilian Magician!

Hey everyone! So first off just let me apologize for the lame letter this is probably going to be. We don't have a ton of time today but either way, not a whole lot of craziness happened this week haha. We were able to baptize A., a boy I mentioned in my last email that we found a little bit ago and taught him and his mom and his brothers. We were able to baptize him last Saturday and it was really good. Unfortunately, his mom's boyfriend doesn't want to get married and doesn't look like he's going to change his mind any time soon. So I guess we'll just keep working with them. We have been talking to A.'s brother too and he wants to be baptized as well. Also the bishop's kids have been bringing a friend to church for a couple of weeks now, we went and visited him and he also wants to be baptized. So if everything goes according to plan (and I'm praying it does) we should have a pretty fruitful weekend. 
 
Last Saturday we went to the AP's area to help them out while they were traveling and I went with one of their companions Elder Gonzales. So we went to one of the areas there and we start talking with a few kids and I did that magic trick where you put a pen in your nose and it comes out of your ear. The one Brendan Cocker showed me how to do haha. Anyways, man it escalated quickly... before I knew it there was literally a group of about 40 or 50 kids all wanting to watch me do magic. Like I'm not even exaggerating! These kids were crawling out of holes, jumping out of windows, and I’m pretty sure a few of them parachuted in from the sky because they all showed up so quickly haha. So I did the three magic tricks that I knew and they all were interested until I ran out of tricks, then they all lost interest haha. But there for about 5 minutes thanks to Brendan I was famous in the Brazilian neighborhoods haha.

A lot of our week was spent in the office getting things ready for the Christmas Conference this Tuesday. I can't believe it's already that time of the year again! It flew by so fast! I'm excited for the conference and excited to see everyone. Last night we went and slept at the AP's house because Sister Soares wanted to take us all to have another special pday. Well actually the first one for most of them but it was my second because.... I don't know I’m just special like that I guess... Well it was awesome as usual. We went to a few beaches here and played soccer on the beach until everyone was just about dying of heat stroke then we called it a day and headed back. Anyways, it was a blast. I'll try and get some pics to send to you guys but that's about it for this week. I love you all! Thanks for everything! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pics 1, 2 - P-day
Pics 3, 4 - My five minutes of fame haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment