Saturday, November 28, 2015

His first marriage proposal!

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving this week! I sure missed it here haha. But I still wanted to have a special lunch so we went to a restaurant and me and my comp each ate a whole pizza... Pretty much the same thing as turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing right? ;) haha It was good. Plus that night President M. the stake president had an American Thanksgiving party with people from his English class and afterwards, he brought us some left over desserts... Cookies, chocolate cake, and... wait for it...... pumpkin pie! I almost cried. I'd never seen pumpkin pie here before, man it was so good haha. So that was my thanksgiving this year haha.

So this week was good, definitely a lot better than last week haha. Last Sunday we had stake conference and it was super good! We brought J. and his friend with us and they enjoyed it. But anyways, we were able to find quite a few new people to teach this week. We started working in a new part of the area which is more of the ghetto I guess you could say. The people are way more open and willing to listen to you there. There's always some weird random things that happens there haha. A woman asked me if I would marry her... Haha it was kinda funny. Anyways, we did find a really good family... well a 14 year old boy and his mom. we taught them and they both accepted to be baptized, the only problem is that the mom isn't married and is living with her boyfriend and he doesn't want to get married. So we'll keep working with them but the boy, A., is still super excited to be baptized here in a bit.

So earlier this week we were in Alecrim, a neighborhood here in Natal where they have a bunch of shops and stores and all that good stuff. There's this guy called Rambo of Alecrim. It's this guy who dresses up like Rambo with a big light up gun and stays by this one traffic light and every time the light goes green for the pedestrians to cross the road, he runs out into the middle of the road with a whistle and his big gun and starts yelling and acting like he's covering you as you cross the street. It's actually hilarious. We went to cross and he was like “LET’S GO MORMONS!!! I GOT YOUR BACK GO GO GO!!!” I was almost busting up so then we had to take a picture with him haha. We went to a guitar shop and I was looking at the guitars when all of a sudden one of the workers walks up to me and is like, you're a guitarist aren't you? And I was like uh... i guess so, I play a little bit... and he was like, I could tell by the way you were looking at that guitar... And was like whoah... that's pretty creepy but pretty neat haha. Anyways, I talked to him for a bit and he was really cool but he doesn't live in our area so I got his info and passed it to the missionaries who work there.

This morning we went with President M. and a bishop from one of the wards here to the sand dunes that sit pretty close to the ocean. It's the same place that Sister S. took us a little while back. It's so pretty there! Anyways, we left at 5:30 this morning and were back by 8. Definitely a good way to start the day. I'll send pics.

But anyways, that's just about it for this week. I love you all! Have a great week! Thanks for everything that you guys do for me! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris


Pics - Pday,and  Rambo de Alecrim











No comments:

Post a Comment