Saturday, October 17, 2015

Fun P-Day with President Morais

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm emailing so late today, we had a pretty fun Pday with President Morais. I'll try to send some pics. Anyways, as for the big news, Durê was finally transferred on Monday after serving 8 months here in the office... It's been really weird adjusting I'm not gonna lie. I spent 6 months serving with him here in the office, a whole quarter of my mission. Man he was a good companion. But with Elder Mehl it's gonna be just as good.

Anyways this week started off really great but got a little tougher towards the end... Remember B., the elect lady we found last week? Well she came to church with us on Sunday and loved it! She asked us if she could be baptized. So we marked her baptism for this Sunday. She immediately called her friends and invited them and it was all going so well. Well then we go to stop by her house and she is nowhere to be found. She called and told us those friends she invited are from another church and they started talking about how she shouldn't be baptized and started bad mouthing the church in all sorts of ways... Long story short, we haven't been able to reach her on the telephone and she has been staying somewhere else so we can't find her at home to try and help her. UGH!!! It's so frustrating! She was so good and so ready! But I guess some things happen and we just need to continue doing our best and leave it in the Lord's hands.

As for I., we stopped by every day this week to follow up with her and teach her but even after everything that we can do just isn't progressing... We told her that we couldn't continue stopping by if she won't make and keep her commits, wasting her time, our time, and The Lord's time. So we had to drop her. But who knows, maybe one day the seed that we planted will be harvested. We just have to have faith.

We have found some pretty great new people to teach so we're going to pretty much start from new next week. Anyways, for Pday today we went to the Parque das Dunas again and then we went to the town center and saw a bunch of historical sites and all sorts of stuff which was really cool! But that just about sums it up for this week. It's starting to get really hot again (hotter than usual haha) because summer is just starting up here. My comp and I are getting desperate to have some cold weather so we decided to bring hoodies to the office. I am wearing a hoodie for the first time in over a year! It's so nice haha. By the way that reminds me. Today is my 13 month mark. Man the time is flying by! I can't believe how fast it's going! But anywas, I love you all! Thank you all for the love and support you give me! Have a great week! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris
First pics - Our pday
Last pic - First time in forever wearing a hoodie!








No comments:

Post a Comment