Friday, October 3, 2014

2nd Week Down!

 
Alright so first and foremost. I'm sorry I didn't get to write you guys on Wednesday! They switched our Pday so it's on Fridays from now on. I was just imagining dad wonder why I was emailing all of my friends on Wednesday and not him ;) Haha jk jk. Anyways so this week went by really fast! We finally got new American Missionaries who don't know any Portuguese so I'm not the idiot anymore! Well.... I am but in different ways ;) So I don't think I told you guys this in my last letter but I was called to be our district leader.... which pretty much means I have more paper work and I get to check the mail everyday haha. hint hint... SEND ME MAIL!! Holy cow! I had no idea missionaries relied on mail so much! Like that's how we survive! I'm sorry to Colton that I didn't write him ever single week! Family I'm going to send a letter to you guys today right after this. We're going to go walk around town so I'll hit up the post office. They were saying there is a place just like Rodizio's pretty close to here with unlimited meat and they say it's so good! So we're gonna go try that out for 20 Rei which is like $8 US. So today when we were in The Sao Paulo temple, there is a way big and beautiful chandelier in the Celestial Room and all I could think about the whole time was "Wow, I bet Grandma Harris really wouldn't want to clean that" ;) Haha it's funny how the randomest things remind you of home haha. Talon, you're gonna love this place, The weather is so perfect here! It rains just about every day but only for like an hour or two then it clears up. But it doesn't smell good like the rain we have back at home! I was really disappointed about that but oh well. I don't have a ton of time to write today because they're gonna cut us short but I'm still doing well and the language is coming slowly but surely. I can hold decent conversations with most of the Brazillians as long as they talk really slow haha. I can't believe how close I am to my district already. Like it's going to suck when I have to leave them! They're all like my best friends! Luckily two elders and one sister are coming with me to Natal so that will be good to keep in touch with them. The other elders here are so cool too! Everyone here is just friendly and happy constantly. It's my kind of place! Haha I told you guys about how our room overlooks Sao Paulo yeah? So every Friday and Saturday night there's a club that blasts Brazilian music pretty close to here and you know I'm all over that! It bugs my companions but I'm all for it! The city does get kind of old sometimes. Enjoy the small town life! Don't take it for granted! Sometimes you just want to take a ride to the hills to not have horns honking and tires squeaking and engines revving constantly in the background but I'll get used to it. I love you guys! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment