Monday, August 15, 2016

Well, this is it!

Well well well.... I'm not even sure what to say. I can't believe that these two years are coming to an end. I honestly have no idea where I would be in my life if I hadn't made the decision to serve a mission. Some people say the mission goes by fast, others say it goes by slow... I'm not exactly sure if it went by fast or slow but I do know that I wouldn't trade these two years for anything in the world. They were two years of hard work, two years of happiness, of sadness, a lot of sun, A LOT of sweating but most importantly two years of learning. I have learned more about myself, about the Gospel, and most importantly about my Savior, Jesus Christ in these past two years than I had my entire life. My testimony has been strengthened from a firm belief to a sure knowledge that the Church is true. It is true. There is no other way that we can find true happiness in this life nor in the life to come. Because of my mission I have been fully converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His church. It's impossible to help someone find and accept the Restored Gospel, and see them becoming converted without yourself becoming even more converted. That's what I'm gonna miss the most from the mission.
In our last Zone Conference, President Colleoni asked us a few questions. One of them was "Will I go home the same person that I was when I left?" In my case I'm going home completely changed. I'm still the same obnoxious kid that I was when I left home but at the same time I am completely different because of the knowledge and the perspective that I gained here on the mission. I wasn't a perfect missionary but I worked hard and was obedient. My dad always told and still tells me "Work Hard so that you can return home with no regrets." I have no regrets. If I could do it all over again I would do it the same way. I love Brazil with all of my heart. I love Natal with all of my heart and the people here. I will be going home this week but I'm positive that I'll be leaving a piece of me here.
We were able to finish off this week with one more baptism. A kid named .I was baptized. He had been going to Seminary alone for a few weeks when we started teaching him. It was a good going away present for me. Another man went to church this week for the first time and when he was leaving he told me that he wanted to be a member of this Church. He loved the church and felt the spirit. He just needs to get married first. I think if he were to have been married I would have baptized him right there! Haha the mission is great. For all of you who are thinking about serving a mission. Stop thinking and go. You'll never regret it.
Thank you guys for all the support you've given me my whole life. I can't wait to see you this week! I love you all! A IGREJA É VERDADEIRA!!

Elder Harris (for the last time)



No comments:

Post a Comment