Saturday, January 9, 2016

The experiences we have are priceless!

 Hey everyone! So this week was a good one. Not a ton happened so this email isn't gonna be super long but it was definitely a good week. So we had our leadership council meeting this week which was my last one as a secretary... at least I think haha. It went well. Elder Petter is getting the hang of all the secretary stuff. There is a lot to learn but he's doing a good job.

So earlier this week we had a pretty funny experience: We were teaching a lesson to an elderly lady who was really sweet. Well we finished and I was saying the closing prayer and she just went off mumbling her own prayer... whatever, like that actually happens a lot here. So I just kinda let it happen and went on with it. But then as soon as I said amen she flipped out and started yelling like an Indian like EIEIEIEIEIEIEIEI!!!!!! GLORIA!!! AMEN!! Man I couldn't contain myself haha. I busted up! I was dying. Hahaha man the experiences we have are priceless. I love the people there so much. You just have to get over the smell of marijuana and loud music while you're trying to teach but other than that, it's golden haha.

So we've had two missionaries staying with us this week because one of them is sick and he's staying here while being treated. We had to take a missionary to the police station to renew his visa the other day and it went well. I think it was my last one! Haha it's weird. I feel like I'm doing everything here in the office "for the last time". Haha speaking of which, we ate lunch at R.’s and his family's house today for the last time haha. It was bomb, I ate so much haha. I'll try to send some pics.

So as for the teaching aspect of life, it's been pretty good. We have been teaching a guy named A. for a bit now. He came to church last Sunday and will be getting baptized tomorrow. He's so cool and super excited for his baptism so pray that everything goes well! But to be honest, that's literally about all that happened this week. I can't think of anything else. I'm still just waiting for president to send me back to the field. It could be any day now! I'm pretty excited if you can't tell ;) But anyways, I love you all! Have an awesome week! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pics - Our lunch today



No comments:

Post a Comment