Saturday, January 16, 2016

God truly does bless us when we show our faith.

Hey everyone! So this week has been really good! To be honest, I don't remember a whole lot because I didn't go through my journal last night like I usually do but I'll try to remember as much as possible. So Sunday was awesome. We were able to bring a few investigators to church. One of them is named L. She's a lady that we've been working with for a bit. She's come to church the past couple of weeks and loved it. Another awesome thing that happened is that we have been teaching an elderly lady, F. She's a straight up champ. For about two years her foot has been hurt and won’t heal. She walks with a cane but it hurts her pretty bad. Well she decided that she wanted to go to church with us. So we went to pick her up. She doesn't have a car or any other mean of transportation so we took off on foot slowly. You could tell she was hurting pretty badly but she had a smile on her face the whole time. Then all of a sudden a car that was passing by stopped and the guy asked if we wanted a ride. So he gave us a ride to the church, said he couldn't stay, and he took off. Now I know that if something like that were to happen in a place like Beaver nobody would think too much of it. But here, where nobody knows anybody, it's almost impossible for a stranger to offer a ride like that. It was so cool. God truly does bless us when we show our faith. We are working with her to hopefully be baptized tomorrow.

This morning we were able to baptize L. who I mentioned a little earlier. It was such a good baptism! She didn't want to be baptized at first because she had some problems with coffee and smoking but we have been trying to help her a ton and she quit drinking coffee and smoking. But even then she wanted to wait a little bit longer to be baptized but we told her that I would be leaving the area here in a bit and that I wanted to see her get baptized before I left. So right after the baptism she came up to me and was like “Now you can leave here happy!” Haha it was really funny.

To be honest, I'm sure other things happened but to be honest I can't remember. I hope you guys all have a good week! I love you all! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

Pic - Elder Chipman got a package from home this week and it had double stuff Oreos... I almost cried it was so good.... it's been too long haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment