Saturday, July 11, 2015

I'm getting better at organizing everything!


So this week was.... well let´s just say it probably wasn´t as fun as it sounds like all of yours was. So Monday came around and president wasn´t super happy because the mission didn´t get a lot of baptisms last month. He loaded up me and my comp with a million things to do. Tuesday we had the monthly leadership training which is always super crazy to prepare for. But like I mentioned last week, I´m getting better at organizing everything so when the missionaries all got here Monday night I was able to go with them to get açai and have fun with them all. While we were at the açai place we played a game of monopoly deal which is the card game version of monopoly. Man that got intense! We had like 10 missionaries playing at a time. The first game wasn´t looking too good. My father in the mission (first companion) Elder Chagas was beating everybody but I turned it around right quick and whooped all of them! I might as well have just won the super bowl. Everyone was like OOOHHHHH!!!! And I was just raking in all of my fake monopoly money. Unfortunately I couldn´t pay for my açai with it cuz that stuffs not cheap. But anyways, In the actual leadership counsel on Tuesday I gave my training which went ok. I had to go with Elder Cragun (one of my companions in the CTM) to the post office to pick up some box for some missionary in his district and we talked for a while. It was good reminiscing on the good times. He is serving in my first area, Currais Novos, and apparently they´re having all sorts of problems with members. Idk all I know is it was good while I was there haha. Speaking of which, I talked to D. B. from Currais on the phone a couple weeks ago and he told me that one of his friends E., who was an investigator that we taught for awhile when I was there, got a new dog and named it Harris in remembrance of me. If that´s not the most awesomest thing you´ve ever heard I don´t know what is.

Haha but anyways, returning to my week. Wednesday I had to take 4 missionaries to the police station to renew their visas. I´m pretty sure that everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. It was a long day. I missed my zone meeting for the second time. Which is a bummer cuz I love going to the zone meetings and talking with all of the missionaries. Joys of being an office elder..... I honestly can´t think of a whole lot else that happened this week. It was pretty slow. Sorry, I don´t have any pictures for you either. But I love you all, have a great week! A igreja é verdadeira!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment